Due Saturday 27 August 2016 at 11:59 PM Central time.
Homework 2 has been posted to github.
Do the following:
- Connect to the cl server using ssh
- On the cl server, use git clone to clone your HW2 repository from github
- In your hw2 directory, create a file called hello.sh
- Use vi (or emacs) to edit hello.sh.
- The first line of your hello.sh file must be a shebang line that indicates the script should be run using bash.
- When executed, your script should print the message “Hello, world” to standard output
- Your script must include a one line comment explaining how your script causes “Hello, world” to be printed
- Use chmod to make the file executable
- Run the script to verify that it works
- Use git add to add hello.sh
- Use git commit. Use a meaningful commit message.
- Use git push to turn in the assignment